Jun 12, 2018
I am broadcasting live from the Social Event of the Season. Even
though I had been planning and talking about the event, I got
nervous right before and even considered not going. The event
turned out to be even more beautiful, precious, and fun than I
thought it would be. It was everything I wanted it to be and
The theme for the event was Live Known and that is something
that has been resonating with me often. I am comfortably seated on
a recliner and speaking about Live Known. It’s a conversation
between me and my many hundreds of newest closest friends. If you
are tired of hiding and standing on the sidelines of your very own
life, I suggest you join us next year for the social event of the
You can find Melissa here:
- [02:47] The Social Event of the Season was filled with women
from all over the United States.
- [02:53] By the end of the week, these women who didn't know
each other were exchanging emails, pictures, selfies, phone
numbers, and hugs.
- [03:09] Live Known is what you will be hearing about today.
This is a conversation between me and my hundreds of newest closest
- [04:14] If you are tired of hiding and standing on the
sidelines of your very own life, I suggest you join us next year
for the Social Event of the Season 2019.
- [04:44] How it's a popular choice to live a life but not really
Live Known. It is functional to just exist.
- [05:10] A life like that will get you from point A to point B.
Just getting from A to B is not the type of life I want for
- [06:08] The essence of truly living is found within the whole
context of scripture.
- [07:15] The whole of scripture is about living a life and doing
something that you never thought you would be able to do.
- [08:53] You are made from a love that cannot be contained. What
if the life that we are given was meant to be lived
- [10:57] What does it really mean to live known?
- [11:24] Catfishing means to lure someone into a relationship by
means of a fictional online persona.
- [12:09] One in five smartphone searches are for pornography.
68% of divorces are from one spouse falling in love with someone
knows over the Internet.
- [14:01] It's easy to hide. We can hide behind our screens, our
husbands, our kids, or anything. It is easy. We can just lie and
- [15:29] The problem with hiding when we are unsatisfied is that
we are refusing to take responsibility for things that seem like
- [17:14] To live known let's just tell the truth.
- [18:29] My counselor told me it was time to stop throwing and
attending baby showers while grieving for loss.
- [19:30] I began to tell the truth.
- [19:57] How to Live Known.
- [19:57] 1. Come to a full understanding of who you are.
- [22:16] Who you are is far more valuable than what you want.
You have to start with who you are.
- [23:06] We are what we believe we are.
- [24:31] 2. Learn whose you are. Who do you belong to? Where
does your loyalty lie?
- [25:21] I'm older and wiser, and I'm all in. I've seen the
world, and I'm done fooling around.
- [25:47] Jesus is home base and I always go back to home
- [26:27] 3. We must know where we are.
- [27:44] We are all in. We have started a new business, and we
are all in. We have spent a lot of money on online promotion, and
we are broke half the time, but man we are having a lot of
- [28:25] Let's just tell the truth. If we are broke, sick, have
hurt feelings or feel left out just tell the truth.
- [28:46] If you know whose you are then where you are is just
- [28:59] 4. We have to be okay with who comes along and who
doesn't. It is okay to let people go who aren't friends.
- [30:11] "They didn't leave your life, I moved them." God
- [31:07] I set boundaries with my family, and I believe our
relationship is getting healthier because of the boundaries that I
- [31:22] If they love you, it'll be a little bit of a change,
but they'll stick around and everyone will be the better for
- [31:40] You are the sum of your five closest friends. Show me
your friends and I'll show you your future.
- [31:54] My future is going places as is yours. Choose wisely my
Thanks for joining us on Ordinary People Ordinary Things. Be
subscribe to our podcast on iTunes and leave a nice review.
Just like your mother taught you.
Links and Resources: