Jan 8, 2019
Welcome to season 2 of the
Ordinary People Ordinary Things podcast. I loved doing the first
season so much that we are doing another round. Now that I have one
season down, the second season is going to be better than ever. I
will be telling the stories that I’ve always wanted to
These stories will be told by
people who I’ve learned the most from in my life. Ordinary people
like you and me. We will be breaking the season down into three
sections of body, mind, and soul. Next week kicks off with a
special guest as we start with the body topic.
You can find Melissa here:
Podcast Web Page
@MsMelissaRadke on Instagram
@msmelissaradke on Twitter
- [03:52] I am so excited about
season 2. I'm going to tell the stories that I've always wanted to
tell. Those stories are going to be about ordinary People, because
the best lessons I've ever learned in my life are from ordinary
people like you and me.
- [04:34] This season you are
going to hear from some really amazing people with some really
- [05:02] If you want to hear how
ordinary people like you and I have rebounded from the same
heartbreaks, then do I have a podcast for you.
- [05:26] Eat Cake Be Brave was
born on July 17th. Something shifted in me the day that the book
was released. I felt so vulnerable or metaphorically
- [06:39] This was one of the
scariest and loneliest that I've ever felt in my life. So then, I
dove in head-first into a television show.
- [07:00] The more exposed I
became the more acutely aware I became of the need to protect and
- [07:31] I became more aware of
my shortcomings and brokenness maybe more than ever
- [07:46] I started journaling
again, seeing my counselor, reading books that help me, and finding
quiet time to pray.
- [08:20] If I don't figure out
why I do the things that I do now, will I ever?
- [08:33] I have to handle myself
gently, but I do have to handle myself.
- [10:05] You may not learn how
to parent your children or run on a budget from me, but you will
always see me try to be kinder and try to be more
- [10:59] If there's something
you want to do, you should just try.
- [11:36] Our body, our mind and
our souls are all intricately connected.
- [12:55] Nothing can make you
happy unless it's done with the other two.
- [13:37] What good is it to have
it all if your soul isn't healthy.
- [14:29] This season is going to
be divided into three parts. Body, mind, and soul. Each focus area
will consist of a few weeks.
- [14:41] We will have guests to
make you think, make you cry, and we will make you laugh your head
- [15:03] The first topic is our
- [18:47] Here's to an incredible
Season 2 of Ordinary People Ordinary Things. I'm
Thanks for joining us on
Ordinary People Ordinary Things. Be sure to
subscribe to our podcast on
iTunes and leave a nice
review. Just like your mother taught you.
Links and Resources: