Aug 7, 2018
This is a super fun episode with a guest I just love. Raegan
Williamson from Raegan Williamson Aesthetics & Permanent
Cosmetics is here to talk about everything to do with our faces.
Reagan has been doing makeup since she was a teenager and has been
a nurse for 10 years. She does amazing work with eyebrow
microblading, permanent eyeliner, and botox.
In this episode, Raegan shares her background and experience. We
talk about these procedures and what to look for and ask when
choosing an esthetician. We talk about who these procedures are for
and the latest trends and techniques for keeping everyone looking
their best. Reagan also shares some fun stories and some touching
You can find Raegan here:
Williamson Aesthetics & Permanent Cosmetics on
Cassels Williamson on Instagram
- [02:59] Reagan has been a nurse for about 10 years. She started
with aesthetic nursing. She started doing permanent cosmetics about
five years ago. She worked for a doctor and did makeup on the
- [03:56] Reagan knew she could help women with eyebrows that
looked more natural. She went to one school and didn't learn the
technique that she wanted, so she went to Beverly Hills and learned
- [05:15] Reagan has been doing makeup since she was 15 years
old. She also got Botox when she was in her 20s.
- [06:45] In the sixth grade, Reagan's best friend plucked out
every single one of her eyebrows. She never really recovered. She
has been filling eyebrows in before filling eyebrows in was
- [08:41] Reagan specializes in microblading eyebrows which is a
natural hair stroke technique. She also does eyeliner and lip
- [09:31] Melissa originally went to Reagan because she wanted
something done with her eyebrows.
- [10:08] Reagan also helped Melissa's mother after she lost all
of her eyebrows from radiation and chemo.
- [10:27] Reagan also did Melissa's permanent
- [10:36] Permanent eyeliner is a huge help.
- [11:05] Reagan has helped a lot of women who have
- [11:41] Permanent eyeliner also makes these women will never
grow eyelashes again feel better.
- [12:54] The most popular frequent thing people are asking for
is Botox. Reagan also does a lot of brotox.
- [14:52] Your face shouldn't be numb after botox. Go to
someone who knows what they are doing. Don't hesitate to ask how
long they have been doing it.
- [16:49] Reagan's mom is her worst client ever. She has a funny
video of her mom getting Botox.
- [20:19] Botox can be used under your arms to treat overactive
sweating. It can also be used for migraines. Botox can also help
- [23:51] Botox can also slim the face.
- [24:36] The underarm injections usually last from 4 to 6
- [25:06] Botox lasts from 3 to 4 months. Reagan sells her Botox
by the unit. It's $12 a unit. You're paying for the expertise not
- [26:09] There are three neural modulators on the
- [27:43] Permanent makeup saves time. Some people have makeup
allergies and they get permanent makeup.
- [28:48] Eyebrow tattooing is now a huge trend.
- [30:10] Reagan recommends getting your eyebrows redone every 2
to 3 years. Eyebrows usually cost around $500.
- [31:30] The longevity for lip liner isn't very long.
- [33:10] Steer clear of magic marker eyebrows. Ask to see
pictures and get referrals for the tech you're seeing.
- [33:38] Reagan's favorite trend is Is powder ombre
brow. To create more of a filled in brow. She is having her brows
done and meeting with a trainer.
- [36:21] Scar tissue can build up, so you can't do the brow
- [38:06] The lightning round...
Thanks for joining us on Ordinary People Ordinary Things. Be
sure to subscribe
to our podcast on iTunes and leave a nice review. Just
like your mother taught you.
Links and Resources: