Sep 24, 2019
If you follow me on Facebook
Live, you know that I have been teaching and gearing up for my
course INK Replacing What Stained You With What Can Change You. I
launched this course for the first time back in May of this year.
Hundreds of people took the course and loved it and benefited from
it. Women, we know that when we buy something we tell the
The feedback, reviews, and
encouraging words that we received from INK only solidified that
the course was God given and God inspired. The thing that most
people want to know before they purchase anything is what will it
be like. So today, we are doing something a little different and
giving you a sneak peek. Each lesson in INK is in video and audio
format. So, today's show is going to be the audio version of week
one lesson one.
- [07:24] I've always wanted
David's name on my ring finger.
- [09:48] A couple of years ago,
I made this video of me alone in this room. The video was about
what happened to me the year I turned 41. The video was titled Eat
Cake Be Brave. My editor ended up seeing this video and that's how
I got signed for the book deal.
- [11:34] That night I said
something that I had never heard before. I'll play this video
- [12:43] Music is the first
talent that I knew I had. I can write a little bit, but music is my
- [13:51] My professor made
glowing comments about my voice in music school. He then said I
would never make it in the music business, because of the way that
- [15:05] He tattooed words all
over me. Words that stayed on my skin deep into my flesh for years.
Then I decided to audition for Diva's Live.
- [16:01] I got on stage, sang my
song, and killed it. The producer then said, "to be on my show, you
can sound like this, but if you look like this, it's not going to
- [16:58] At this point, I had a
tattooed sleeve on my arm of words like embarrassing, ashamed,
glutton, fool, ridiculous, dreamer, and a waste of
- [17:19] I'm just tired of being
tattooed with words that aren't true.
- [17:27] Last year, I saw an
interview with Shonda Rhimes. She said she was sick of living in
fear and wanted to step outside of her comfort zone. I too wanted
my mojo back.
- [18:55] I drove to Houston and
tried out for the voice. All it takes is one more try.
- [19:50] I decided last year on
my birthday that I would live the year of yes.
- [20:10] I started a Facebook
page and started to put up videos.
- [21:11] I referenced tattoos on
this video and how we allow ourselves to be marked up by things
that are said to us and done to us.
- [23:29] Think about what may be
marking you up that you may not even realize is there.
- [28:20] People speak things
over us from the moment we are born.
- [31:16] Hurt people, hurt
people. If you were damaged with words, they were
- [35:58] Did the things stick
with you? Chances are it did.
- [37:18] How did we get here?
Other people and secondly us.
- [37:54] Don't beat yourself up,
because you didn't know any better.
- [40:12] You weren't prepared to
replace a lie with the truth.
- [41:09] Don't beat yourself up.
Give yourself grace.
- [45:45] Those words are what
you did, not who you are.
- [49:57] Taking someone else's
baggage doesn't fit. Don't cover yourself in ill fitting
- [53:11] It's time to take the
disguises off and remove what doesn't belong to you.
- [53:41] In this course, we are
going to erase, and we are going to replace.
- [55:16] I'm constantly
replacing old ink, and it just gets easier and easier.
- [56:57] We are going to go deep
and clean up those old wounds. We aren't doing it alone. I'm here
for you, and God is right beside you.
- [59:23] Each week comes with
homework. There is more for you to do after the lesson. This week
has four questions. It's important that we journal significant
- [01:01:00] The cart for INK is
only open until Wednesday October 2nd, 2019. You will get five more
lessons like this one in audio, video, and transcripts, along with
homework, and access to the Facebook community. I'll also be doing
a five weekly Facebook Lives related to the material. The course
belongs to you forever. There is also a 30-day money back
Thanks for joining us on
Ordinary People Ordinary Things. Be sure to
subscribe to our podcast on
iTunes and leave a nice
review. Just like your mother taught you.
Links and Resources: