Jun 18, 2019
This week's episode of the
Radke's entitled Driving Me Crazy is simply about the things we
hide. I really did let my license expire, and I hid it from David
Radke for over a year. Why? Because I knew he would do what he did
and get all Law and
Order on me. So, I had
to put it off as long as I did.
Sometimes, I may also hide
beauty products from David Radke. We are getting older, but men
don't get it. David and I talk about my beauty product purchases,
and it’s all in good fun. You’ll have to listen to the end to see
if any compromises were made. My good friend Jen who was driving
the McLaren last night, stops by and we talk about cars,
friendship, our text group, the show, how much fun we had at the
grocery store, and our mutual love of Lufkin, Texas.
- [02:04] David got the mail on
the day the notice about my license showed up.
- [03:20] David would prefer that
Melissa had a valid license and drove well.
- [04:16] In high school, Melissa
was voted worst driver two years in a row.
- [05:12] Some of the things that
Melissa has hit include a horse, a dog, a TV, two mailboxes, a stop
sign, and a truckload of migrant workers.
- [06:48] The episode was also
about Melissa buying beauty products.
- [07:26] The root issue is David
keeping Melissa on a budget.
- [09:17] David is aging
gracefully. He gets better with age.
- [11:33] Melissa wants to age
gracefully. David likes the finished product. He just wants her to
tone down the products.
- [13:54] Melissa's friend
Jennifer who was on last nights show is here.
- [14:52] Jen has a lot of money,
but she doesn't like to show it off, so she drives a
- [15:33] Jen's husband doesn't
let Melissa park Big Darla in their parking area on the stone
pavers, because she leaks.
- [16:43] Melissa and Jen met
when their daughters were in preschool. Jen admired Melissa's
- [17:54] Jen moved Melissa's car
when she left it running with the keys in it.
- [18:39] That was how they
became friends, but Melissa may have been mad for a couple of
- [20:33] Jen's husband is
mature. They have zero problem with it.
- [21:52] People who watch Bravo
and E have been seeing episodes of The Radkes.
- [24:17] The day at the grocery
store is what we truly due.
- [26:09] Getting cash back on
the register is a great tip.
- [27:12] Jen's background is
different than her real life, but she is the every ordinary
- [28:21] Too dumb for New York
too ugly for LA. Killing it in Lufkin everyday.
- [29:14] Jen loves the small
town feel of Lufkin. If you break down, you will get help. When we
were at the store, we saw friends all over.
- [30:43] Jen tells a story where
she accidentally referred to Aunt Melba as Grandma.
- [31:50] Jen is an everygirl who
can afford to pay the check.
- [32:24] We have a group text
called Botox, Weaves, and Silicone.
- [33:59] Because I want to stay
married, I have promised too cut down a bit on my
Thanks for joining us on
Ordinary People Ordinary Things. Be sure to
subscribe to our podcast on
iTunes and leave a nice
review. Just like your mother taught you.
Links and Resources: