Feb 12, 2019
How can we dedicate this season
to the body and not talk about working out? You know me. You know I
don't want to talk about this, but today is the day. The one and
only Casey Adams is here today. Casey is the perfect guest for this
show, because he takes ordinary people and moves them out of their
comfort zone and into great held.
Casey is a gym owner, personal
trainer, and future Ninja. He is a father of three and husband to a
beautiful wife, and they share a strong love for Jesus. He is an
adventure seeking, fun loving, and funny guy. He is also fond of
his large, crazy sock collection.
You can find Casey here:
Casey Adams on Instagram
Fitt Life on Facebook
Fitt Life Gym
3116 S. John Redditt Dr.
Lufkin TX 75904
- [03:17] David Radke is also
here with Casey.
- [04:20] Melissa and her cousin
were both in one of Casey's spin classes.
- [06:16] David met Casey when he
used to work out regularly.
- [07:26] Casey's gym is split
into three sections.Upfront they have cardio and weights with a
kids section on the side. In the middle, they have an American
Ninja Warrior ninja gym. In the back, there is a Kids Zone and
dedicated party room with an obstacle course in back.
- [12:13] Done properly, you can
make an elliptical a great workout. Casey can't promise it will be
fun, but if you're successful at this you will be successful at
- [14:35] David has always been a
fan of working out by himself. He's never been to a class.
[15:04] Some people work better one-on-one and
some people like the motivation of a group.
[19:11] You can get Casey's Hitt Treadmill
Workout book by contacting him on Facebook.
[19:38] He wrote this book, because his clients
were always asking him for workouts.
- [20:11] There is also a hitt
book in the works.
- [23:03] Some of the exercises
in the book just require a person, a treadmill, and the
- [25:39] Start walking a couple
miles every day and work on your diet and work on
- [26:30] Gauge your soreness and
listen to your body. You want to feel it, but you don't want to
- [27:40] David talks about how
it's important to actually get something accomplished not to set
giant goals that you'll never get done.
- [28:21] Goals need to be
realistic and attainable.
- [28:56] It's more important
than ever to have a plan.
- [29:46] We are all a work in
progress and that's where the Mind, Body, and Soul come
- [30:23] The workouts in the
hitt book can be done every day, because they change body
- [31:22] Daisy Fuentes was the
most beautiful woman to Melissa when she was in high
- [32:14] Melissa wants to feel
better. The best way to start is to ease yourself in and come up
with a game plan.
- [33:07] Starting consists of
taking that first step.
- [35:13] Working out is a choice
that you aren't just doing for yourself. It's also for your
- [36:30] When Casey was younger,
he had some bad lifestyle choices. Then one of his friend's father
passed away, and he decided to get fit and started
- [38:04] Eat better and do some
form of exercise, and you will feel better.
- [39:09] Doing small incremental
things each day is the key.
- [40:42] Melissa is going to be
brave and work out this year.
- [43:08] God has changed Casey's
life, and now Casey is changing other people's lives.
- [43:39] When he started, he
knew that God would provide.
- [46:28] The three last
Thanks for joining us on
Ordinary People Ordinary Things. Be sure to
subscribe to our podcast on
iTunes and leave a nice
review. Just like your mother taught you.
Links and Resources: