May 15, 2018
Our hair is one of the first things people notice about us. It
frames our face, maybe even our identity. A good hair day versus a
bad hair day can affect our self-esteem and our mood. Maybe this is
something I always innately knew, because even as a child I was
obsessed with hair, hair styles, and magazines about hair styles.
Today, we are talking about everything having to do with
Rob Fisher is a stylist at Bella Salon in Lufkin, TX. Rob is the
stylist who did my hair for my book cover, and he does amazingly
beautiful hair. I wanted to talk to Rob today, because he is
brutally honest when it comes to hair. We aren’t pulling any
punches on this episode of straight talk about hair, coloring, and
You can find Rob Fisher here:
Makeup Artistry by Rob Fisher on Facebook
Rob Fisher on Instagram
Get an appointment with
Bella Salon Lufkin,
- [03:38] Rob is actually not my stylist. He just did my
hair for my book cover. He is a good friend, though.
- [03:51] The only reason Rob is not my stylist is because I'm
loyal to my current stylist.
- [04:28] Rob did my hair for the book cover because he is all
about the show hair.
- [05:25] Melissa gets her hair done every three weeks. Now the
gray is coming in.
- [05:56] Today, we are talking summer hair don't
- [06:13] In the summer, people are looking for a change. They
want to be brightened up. They want some fun.
- [07:28] How it's so much better to find a hairstyle that fits
the individual as opposed to trying to match a picture.
- [08:08] Melissa likes the Adele celebrity haircuts.
- [09:01] The hottest new colors for spring and summer. Balayage
is freehand painting. It can be done with any color. This is the
most popular thing going on now.
- [09:46] The difference between ombre and
- [10:12] The silver gray hair trend is gone.
- [11:09] Balayage is good for anyone, because you'll have a
little bit of your natural root showing, and it is easy
- [12:44] At what age should women stop the multicolor hair
painting? It's bold and fun, but not pretty.
- [14:20] Should Melissa spray her hair pink? Rob is doing a lot
of lavender and pink on the roots.
- [17:14] Discussing bangs thoroughly. Botox over bangs. Bangs
can't be used to hide forehead wrinkles. Melissa has bangs because
they looked adorable on Jennifer Garner.
- [20:37] Melissa's friend Janet has beautiful hair.
- [20:51] Melissa is bringing bangs back.
- [21:39] Banks can be a pain if you don't have perfectly
straight hair. Look back at pictures and decide if you actually
like having bangs or not.
- [22:29] Rob tells a funny story where a lady with beautiful
hair wanted a mullet.
- [23:56] Melissa asks for a body wave every year, and her hair
stylist won't do it.
- [26:46] Put your thumb over the face and tell me what you like
about the hair. Usually, it's not about the hair it is about the
- [27:50] Rob does not like scrunchies.
- [29:31] Hairstyle with short hair flipping in the back with
lots of different layers.
- [30:22] In Texas people have big hair.
- [30:47] An easy overall flattering look depends on the person
themselves. Rob likes medium length hair.
- [33:05] As people get older their face elongates. Long hair can
make your face look more drawn down. That's when you would cut your
- [33:55] Some of Rob's favorite products and brands. Rob is an
Aveda only stylist. Before Aveda he was a Paul Mitchell stylist.
Melissa loves Kenra and Drybar Texas T and
Southern Belle. Be.
- [36:22] Rob loves Bed Head products.
- [37:29] Save a few washes and try some dry shampoo. Aveda dry
shampoo is not aerosol. Rob went 12 days without washing his hair
by using dry shampoo.
- [39:45] Lighten round questions for Rob.
- [40:24] What is customary for tips. 22% There really isn't a
correct amount, but it is always appreciated.
Thanks for joining us on Ordinary People Ordinary Things. Be
sure to subscribe
to our podcast on iTunes and leave a nice review. Just
like your mother taught you.
Links and Resources: