Apr 16, 2019
It’s time for the third part to
the body, mind, and soul series. I kicked off this season working
on my body. I’ve even lost 25 pounds. It’s not a fast pace, but I’m
keeping at it. In the second section of the podcast it was all
about the MIND. This was received really well. I wage a war with my
mind every single day of my life. I've done a lot of prayer,
listening, and counseling, so that I run my MIND now.
Sometimes people don’t like to
talk about the soul, but the mind, body, and soul are all
interconnected. We can’t improve one without improving the other.
God made us with this body, soul, mind combination. To have one is
to have them all. Maybe people shy away from talking about the
soul, because they don’t want to talk about God. Maybe spirituality
is too controversial. On this episode, I share some of the
investigative work that I have put into the soul as we kick off
this new part of the series.
- [05:43] Some people believe in
a trichotomous view. Which means we are made up of three parts
body, mind, and soul. Others have a dichotomous view with only two
parts meaning the inward and outward.
- [06:50] Our soul is the
spiritual part of our being. Inside of us there is Zoe. This is
referring with the union we have with God.
- [08:11] Our souls come from
God. Maybe the issue no one wants to talk about is God.
- [09:49] It doesn't make sense
to not spend time on the thing that spiritually means life or
- [10:00] Today, I'm going to
share some investigative work I've been doing on the
- [10:27] You plus your money
plus your job plus your status plus your friends plus the car you
drive plus the private school your kids attend equal
- [11:00] Y O U you equal
- [11:12] You are your soul, and
your soul is you. The soul is about the slow unglamorous building
- [13:29] We are in a barren land
when it comes to matters of the soul.
- [14:29] Determine which of the
three types of souls that you are.
- [14:39] The hardened soul.
- [15:08] The shallow soul. The
time is about me.
- [15:45] The cluttered soul. Too
- [16:18] Whatever you do is
going to be out of your soul.
- [16:59] Every good thing that
flows into our life and every good thing that flows out of our life
is directly related to our soul.
- [17:34] Sin can wear the soul
down and break it apart. It destroys every good thing about
- [18:04] If you feel broken or
lost, look at how you are living.
- [18:36] We all long to have
- [18:56] Spend the time and do
the work to fix it. No matter how you have to, fix it.
- [19:53] I want God's will to be
fulfilled through my lifetime no matter how that may
- [21:49] Our soul resides in
each of us and determines our lives and our future.
Thanks for joining us on
Ordinary People Ordinary Things. Be sure to
subscribe to our podcast on
iTunes and leave a nice
review. Just like your mother taught you.
Links and Resources: