Jul 24, 2018
We are on the book tour. Today, we are broadcasting from the
road as we hit San Antonio and try to find a nice lunch spot. So
far, we have been to Houston, Dallas, and New York. For this
episode, we have decided to record each time we are in the car. So,
we are taking you on the road with us. If you ever wanted to be in
the car with David and Melissa, this is your chance.
We talk about how nice Megan was and that there was a big
announcement at the end of the segment. We discuss bringing and not
bringing our kids on the road trip. We talk about having a meet and
greet with Melissa’s social squad of sisters, some favorite and not
so favorite comments about the book, feeling tired and emotional
after the book signing, and more. I hope you enjoy this ride with
You can find Melissa here:
- [02:33] How we get along great in the car, and sometimes we
- [03:00] We were exhausted last night when we got to San
Antonio. We slept in and woke up just in time for Melissa to be on
the Megan Kelly Show.
- [03:14] Megan said that David was handsome.
- [03:56] The interview with Megan went well.
- [04:17] There was also an exclusive announcement.
- [04:29] Remi has been getting fan mail and gift cards and even
- [04:52] Rocco is depressed about it, and plans on being on the
- [06:46] Road Trippin part 2. We are going to the Cheesecake
Factory to meet up with my squad of women.
- [08:07] We got into a misunderstanding about being on the phone
while at a restaurant.
- [11:06] We were going to enjoy this trip as a family with the
kids, but after three stops we realized the kids would have more
fun at their grandparents house.
- [12:12] We are heading to a meet and greet with my squad
sisters. I spent half my life trying to make it onto the squad,
then I started my own squad.
- [13:26] I get the most nervous or excited to go meet my squad.
This is my VIP meet and greet with my social squad sisters.
- [14:18] Melissa's favorite comment people have said about the
book is when they say that reading the book just felt like sitting
down and having a conversation with her.
- [14:49] This is what Melissa wants the most, other than for
people's lives to be changed.
- [15:11] Melissa's least favorite comment about the book.
- [16:54] A funny comment during 30 Days of Facebook Live.
- [18:04] We just finished up the book signing. It was tiring,
but awesome. Now it is time to find a place to get dinner.
- [19:42] Some women were there because they saw Melissa on TV or
read an article about her.
- [20:24] Why Melissa started crying tonight when a beautiful
woman showed up and said she got dressed up for Melissa, because it
was like her girlfriend was coming to town.
- [24:04] A little inside look into our car conversation. Good,
bad or otherwise. Along, with trying to find a playlist.
- [26:57] Pulling into Starbucks before Melissa's next
- [29:03] The fact that David and I are still married after being
on the road for seven days straight.
- [29:37] Miracles are all around us.
Thanks for joining us on Ordinary People Ordinary Things. Be
subscribe to our podcast on iTunes and leave a nice review.
Just like your mother taught you.
Links and Resources: